Sad news today with the passing of Andy Irons. One of the surfing communities finest surfers and one of the most well know personalities to hit the surfing contest scene. I was sitting at pipeline when I heard the news.
Respect to you Mr.Irons. Rest in peace.
In Hawaii for the contest, can't upload pictures as I'm blogging from my iPhone so stay tuned for pics when I get home.
North shore visit today, swell was flat but was great to get there and see where the men are separates from the boys. Maybe next week there will be swell...
The guys at Shapers have a new and interesting product hitting the surfboard market, the S-Plug. With the plug system 100% compatible with FCS everyone can try it out in their new board. The added bonus of this system is that it allows you to move your fins 5mm and with the years of working out fin placements in longboards and single fin short boards I know how much difference 5mm can make.
Next time your ordering a new board think about it...
• The S-Plug’s larger segmented top prevents plugs rotating or pushing inwards.
• The flange at the base of the S-Plug prevents plugs pulling out.
• No anchoring to the deck! Thus eliminating weak areas on the deck of surfboards.
• Pre-Glass and Post Glass installation designs. Super quick, easy and accurate!
• Ultra light installed weight
• Suitable for all Epoxy and Polyester Boards. Also suitable for larger fins (twins etc).
• Cant angle set at 5 degrees for installation ease and accuracy.
• Elongated Slot allows up to 5mm Adjustability for fine-tuning performance!
• Compatibility with existing aftermarket fins worldwide.
• 100% compatible with FCS Fins.
• Comprehensive range of performance Shapers Fins available.
• S-Composite material (superior tensile and impact strength; highly durable; exceptional chemical bond to resins; excellent UV stability; Easy to Sand; Ultra-light).
• Plugs unlike fin boxes allow natural and consistent flex throughout the tail of the surfboard
• Easy to install: purchase Shapers hole Cutter, Router jig or use a holesaw or router
• Patent Pending System
COLOURS Black and White
2010 OXBOW WORLD LONGBOARD TITLES
The 2010 WLT is only around the corner and with the top 32 from around the world travelling to Makaha, Hawaii this event should see some amazing surfing with a waiting period from Oct30-Nov7 stay tuned for plenty of live action and daily highlights and heats on demand.
I have been invited to the event to surf in the Trials for a place into the main event, with strong Hawaiian local talent I will have my work cut out for me but it should be a great experience.